It was in 31 August 1859 when the first rector of the Barasoain Church began his duties in the newly formed town of Barasoain from being a district of Malolos. While the new church was still being built, the Presidencia Municipal was used beside the river in front of the Tribunal.

A church made of bamboo and nipa was built in the east side of the church patio. The first rector is Fr. Francisco Arriola, an Augustinian.

There have already been several parish priests and rectors who have served in Barasoain Church with varying lengths depending on the time period they were assigned to.

Below is the list of rectors who have served in the church:

 (C) 2021. Some Rights Reserved. Our Lady of Mount Carmel Parish - Barasoain Church

Msgr. Jose Aguinaldo

1951 - 1957